Friday, May 18, 2012

Happiness Flashback: Did You Collect Anything as a Kid? My Little Ponies? Stickers? Rocks?

Did you collect anything as a kid? Stickers? Strawberry Shortcake dolls? My Little Ponies? Baseball cards? Rocks? Pennies? Didn't it make you insanely happy? Tell me about your collections ...


As a kid, I collected the following things, all of which--at one time or another--made me happy:


*Cabbage Patch Kids: Well, I guess I actually didn't collect them, but I had six and I loved them so much. There were five girls and a boy, named Leland. I think I still have his "birth certificate" in a box from childhood somewhere.


*Rocks: I used to love my rock collection, until my younger brother decided to bury it (he went through a pirate phase when he was into burying "treasure"--only problem was this: He buried my rock collection in the yard and then forgot where he buried it. To this day, it is still lost.)


*Stickers: I used to love, love, love Lisa Frank stickers. The unicorns. The bears. The rainbows. I couldn't get enough!


*Baseball cards: I used to love the cheap-o packs that came with a stick of bubble gum inside.


Check out this cute art montage about our happiness and our collections from The New York Times. It reminded me that I know people who collect: pennies, tea cups, old-fashion table cloths, Currier and Ives prints, 1940s diner signs and a zillion other things.


What did you collect as a kid? Does it make you smile to think about your old collection? Do you collect anything as an adult?

0 comments:

Post a Comment